The Curbside Collections Truck Swamper is responsible for assisting with the operation of the garbage truck in a safe and appropriate manner. He/she must conduct all activities according to the delivery and collection schedule and all relevant policies and procedures.
The proper disposal of garbage is vital to the health and well-being of residents and the community as a whole.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Collect curbside materials from residential buildings, businesses and other facilities
- Maintain daily records of pick-ups
- Repetitive tasks including heavy lifting (55lbs/25 kgs)
- Perform duties in all-weather conditions (hot, cold, rain or snow)
- Pick up refuse in other areas as required
- Dispose of curbside collections according to set policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties
- Safety minded approach to the daily tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Clean attendance record
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills – written and verbal
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Stress management skills
The Swamper has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting (up to 55 lbs/25 kgs), pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Swamper works in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Swamper is handling potentially dangerous materials he/she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection of themselves or others. The Swamper is constantly exposed to unpleasant sights and odours.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: 905-336-9084; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to email@example.com; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.