We are currently searching for drivers to join our team. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their material collection route is completed on schedule and that recycling/waste is collected, transported and offloaded in the prescribed manner.
Hours: Compressed work week (Tuesday to Friday) - 10 hour work days.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles;
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside, multi-residential, recycling and in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Drive and load recycling/collection vehicle;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Requires Class 1 or 3 licence with Air; experience being a ‘roll off’, 'front end' or 'side load' is an asset;
- Minimum 2 years working experience driving with required license;
- Although the regular work schedule is Monday to Friday, the ability to work overtime on an “as-needed” basis, is required;
- Driver’s Abstract is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written);
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry with local cartage – an asset;
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
If you are interested in applying for this position please include a copy of your current driver’s abstract with your resume.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.