As part of our exciting continued growth, Emterra has been awarded the contract to support Metro Vancouver’s Transfer stations located in Surrey, Coquitlam and North Vancouver. This position will play a key role in these new operations.
Equipment Operators are cross-trained and safely operate multiple pieces of heavy duty and mobile equipment. Equipment to be used may include wheel loaders, track excavators, skid steers and forklifts. These duties are performed on a daily basis in a noisy environment in all types of weather conditions. Applicants must be willing and able to work shifts which may include day, afternoon, graveyard and/or weekend shifts.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Successfully operate mobile equipment to move and load solid waste and recyclable materials into equipment and containers for transportation;
- Check and ensure that equipment is serviced and in good working condition;
- Perform daily safety inspections and observe proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment;
- Screen recyclable materials and remove unauthorized materials in accordance with the site’s operational procedures;
- Assist with directing traffic and guiding customer vehicles into position for proper unloading of commodities;
- Assist with manual work related to plant operations, including cleaning waste, loading and unloading areas in accordance with site’s operational procedures;
- Ensure equipment is in a clean and tidy condition at end of shift;
- Recordkeeping as required (inspections, pre/post-trip maintenance activities, etc.);
- Answer questions and assist customers and the general public, as needed;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
- Previous experience working in a transfer station and recycling plant considered an asset;
- Previous experience operating wheel loaders, track excavators, skid steers and forklift a definite asset;
- OFA and WHMIS knowledge is a plus;
- Equipment certification and TDG certification is desirable.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
- A Total Rewards Program which includes but is not limited to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program; and
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.