Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Operations Recruiter will work collaboratively with the Operations team in coordinating and implementing effective recruitment and selection processes. You will draft job descriptions, complete staffing requisition forms, and post positions, screen resumes and candidates, schedule interviews, prepare and present offer letters, coordinate and deliver onboarding, maintain employee files, and maintain, track and analyze the recruitment statistics. You will support operations across Ontario and will be based out of Head Office in Oakville.
What You Will Achieve in This Role:
- Act as business partner with hiring managers supporting with hiring and onboarding candidates;
- Support the full recruitment cycle by completing phone screens, scheduling interviews, schedule pre-employment screening, and being the main point of contact for applicants with a focus on providing an exceptional experience for candidates across all stages of the hiring process;
- Build strong pipeline to source and connect with potential candidates and ensure sufficient inflow of potentially suitable candidates;
- Coordinate offer letters, deliver on-boarding, and conduct 3 month and 6 month follow up for new employees;
- Maintain recruitment data and partner with the Corporate Human Resources team to analyze retention statistics and trends;
- Take part in various social media campaigns and recruitment events such as career fairs, industry conferences, school forums;
- Work with Corporate Communications, use social media platforms to expand and improve the Emterra Recruitment Brand; and
- Visit branches within Ontario and conduct retention audits to determine gaps.
What You Bring to The Table:
- A degree/diploma in Business, Human Resources, or related discipline preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience);
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience (or equivalent) as a recruiter and a passion for finding the best talent;
- Recruitment experience in the transportation, logistics or trades related industries or within an agency preferred;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and influencing skills to establish good working relationships across the organization;
- Great public speaker and able to adapt according to your audience;
- Excellent computer skills with MS Office Suite, ATS and/or web recruitment tools including Indeed, LinkedIn and other social media;
- Be resourceful and approachable and have experience serving as an advisor and partner to hiring managers and leadership for all things related to recruiting;
- Ability to adapt communication and communicate efficiently with busy Hiring Managers;
- Recruiting best practices concerning tracking, communication, follow ups, negotiations, and hiring;
- Work well under tight deadlines;
- Ability to travel as required up to 15% of the time; and
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours occasionally.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Employee discount programs
Emterra Group has a mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Policy to provide a safe workplace. As a condition of employment, all applicants are required to provide proof of full vaccination, or proof of valid exemption prior to any offer of employment.