Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Emterra Environmental USA transforms waste into resources and is proud to serve communities across the State of Michigan. At Emterra, we sort all the recyclable materials we receive, to maximize recycling and minimize waste. Recyclable materials are sorted into valuable commodity types before they are shipped out for their transformation into new green products. We use leading-edge technology and processes to ensure the least residue, highest grade, and best value for end-market products. Emterra USA’s goal is clear — to achieve sustainable communities and divert as much waste from landfills as possible.
Our Flint, Michigan location is currently searching for a HR/Payroll Administrator to join our team. The successful candidate will assist with human resources, payroll and office administration for our Flint office in a timely, accurate manner and in accordance with Company and government policies. This position requires a highly organized person who has the ability to meet deadline in fast paced, multi-location environment and possesses strong analytical skills.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining us and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision care)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- First point of contact at our Reception area for all staff and customers/public.
- Maintain employee files inclusive of filing, tracking and updating.
- Maintain COVID tracking, reporting, administration and compliance.
- Post, screen and interview all hourly employees and assist the Payroll specialist where needed for salary recruitment.
- Provide general orientation for all newly hired employees.
- Post hourly roles that are in line with the union Collective Agreement for applicable US sites.
- Read and interpret any/all Collective Bargaining Agreements and provide general support for inquiries from both the hourly and salary employees.
- Maintain benefits database for Emterra USA – enrollments, change requests, terminations, LTD, etc.
- Maintain time and attendance system for Emterra USA– shift rules, departments, etc.
- Liaison between locations regarding benefits, payroll, time, and attendance systems.
- Assist Supervisors to resolve payroll/benefit issues and questions.
- Ensure payroll, time, and attendance system reports are run in a timely and accurate manner.
- Update and maintain purchase orders for supplies related to the position.
- Handing out and ordering of all PPE’s, safety equipment, uniforms etc. for all employees.
- Upon direction from the Payroll Specialist, run and maintain any/all reports as requested.
- Maintain supply orders, create purchase orders and other administrative functions.
- Assist the Office Managers in any administrative requests required.
- Minimum 2-5 years HR and payroll experience in fast-paced environment.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- Union experience is preferred.
- Experience in ADP and Paycore or other similar payroll system software.
- Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organization skills, able to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines.