Emterra has opened a state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) centrally located in Lansing, Michigan, to deliver efficient, effective, safe, and value-added recycling services to communities and local businesses. The MRF features the latest in optical sorting technology, robotic sorters, and other technology. Our goal is clear — to help create circular economies and sustainable communities by diverting as much waste from landfills as possible.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, oversee, and repair electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation;
- Maintain a preventative maintenance program for all plant and facility equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Maintain proper schedules and records for all maintenance activities;
- Manage inventory levels of critical replacement parts in a cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Maintain a culture of safety by implementing and monitoring a safety management program to ensure a safe and productive work environment;
- Provide guidance and direction of work assignments to a small maintenance staff; and
- Create and maintain relationships with suppliers, vendors, and professionals serving the company or property.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ hands on experience in a plant/manufacturing facility in a supervisory role;
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers, and compaction equipment;
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on plant projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.
- Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset.