Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Emterra Environmental USA transforms waste into resources and is proud to serve communities across the State of Michigan. At Emterra, we sort all the recyclable materials we receive, to maximize recycling and minimize waste. Recyclable materials are sorted into valuable commodity types before they are shipped out for their transformation into new green products. We use leading-edge technology and processes to ensure the least residue, highest grade, and best value for end-market products. Emterra USA’s goal is clear — to achieve sustainable communities and divert as much waste from landfills as possible.
Our Michigan Operations is currently searching for an Accountant to join our team. The
Accountant will be responsible for keeping records, maintaining ledgers, processing monthly financial statements, reconciliations, and analysis.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining us and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision care)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Preparation and submission of monthly financial statements for assigned sites with full analysis and commentary to Senior Staff and the Corporate Accounting Department.
- Variance analysis on income and expenses as support to the monthly financial Statements.
- Attending monthly financial review meetings and report back on queries related to these meetings.
- Maintain accounting records within Business Central
- Organizes departmental assignments and support payables/receivables staff.
- Assists Controller with annual budget preparation.
- Assists with month end close; reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and inter-company accounts.
- Maintain Fixed Asset Ledger for all sites or companies.
- Bank Reconciliation responsibilities
- Provide assistance to General Manger and Senior team as required to increase profitability of the division(s)/company.
- Maintain positive relationships with all staff, vendors, clients and government contacts.
- Working towards an accounting designation would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing and/or transportation and working in fast paced, deadline driven accounting environment.
- Excellent proficiency with productivity software, MS Office Suite etc.
- Strong skills in using accounting software applications (Business Central, Great Plains, RTA Fleet Management Software, Route Optix or Materials Manager would be an asset)
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Attention to detail a must.