Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recyclables that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Emterra has opened a state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) centrally located in Lansing, Michigan, to deliver efficient, effective, safe, and value-added recycling services to communities and local businesses. The MRF will feature the latest in optical sorting technology, robotic sorters, and other technology. Our goal is clear — to help create circular economies and sustainable communities by diverting as much waste from landfills as possible.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining us and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated bins;
- Pull contaminants and other materials from sorting line;
- Perform cleaning duties in the plant and general site housekeeping (e.g. litter pick up, sweeping);
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record;
- Ensure PPE equipment is utilized; and
- Observe safe work practices.
- Must be able to perform repetitive / physical tasks for extended periods of time and lift items of up to 25lb;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, understand and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training;
- Must have ability to work in manufacturing environment which varies based on weather conditions;
- Diversity is a key value to the organization and working collaboratively with others is a must;
- Able to work under time lines;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from direct supervisor; and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.