Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
The Emterra Peel Region Maintenance/Repair team is growing! If you are committed and collaborative professional looking to contribute to a hard-working, innovative team, this opportunity is for you. If so, apply now!
310T or 310J Technician
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Flexible work shift schedule
- Apprentices WELCOME
- Competitive wage plus health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- RRSP Plan (Commencing in November 2020)
- Free uniforms and boot allowance yearly
- Employee discount programs
- Latest/up-to-date diagnostic equipment
- Ongoing technical and professional training provided
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer specifications;
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems;
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance;
- Maintain up-to-date/organized work orders;
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns;
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation;
- Maintain a clean & organized shop/equipment work area;
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel;
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency; and
- Observe safe work practices.
- 310T or 310J licence an asset; or registered 310T or 310J Apprentice;
- Must have a valid ‘G’ driver’s license/ Asset: Valid DZ license & clean drivers abstract;
- Own tools;
- Experience with hydraulic and electrical systems an asset;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Basic proficiency with use of computers;
- Asset: Previous work experience in working with online preventative maintenance programs;
- Ability to stand/lift 60lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly;
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal); and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.