Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recyclables that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What will you do?
- GUARANTEED 40 HOURS.
- Competitive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance).
- Local runs, home every night.
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support.
- $500 Driver referral program.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided.
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of a Class 1 and / or 3 motor vehicle (with air brakes);
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform curbside recycling collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions; and
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Requires Class 1 and / or 3 with air brake endorsement;
- Must have clean driver’s abstract;
- Minimum 2 years working experience driving with required license preferred;
- The ability to work overtime on an “as-needed” basis, is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written); and
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry or similar industry – an asset.