Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What will you do?
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee discount programs
- Paid vacation and time off
What will you bring?
- Manage and coordinate the overall financial administration of assigned division and provide support to management by preparing complete set of divisional financial statements including the income statement and general ledger analysis, as per company policy and accounting standards.
- Ensure all divisional revenues and expenses are booked on a timely basis in preparation for month end.
- Prepare and analyze monthly, quarterly, half year and full year reporting to ensure proper accounting procedures have been followed;
- Assist with month end close; maintain various schedules such as fixed assets and truck related expense schedules; accruals for the revenue and expenses for the Division.
- Prepare financial reports with reliable conclusions that management can use to implement more effective operational strategies
- Gather and organize financial data from all accounting and operations systems
- Compile and analyze financial reports and find discrepancies that require senior management’s attention;
- Determines cost of operations by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data;
- Improves financial status by analyzing and interpreting data and operational results; making comparative analyses; monitoring variances; identifying trends and explain significant or unusual fluctuations ; recommending corrective actions to management
- Forecast models for revenue changes and expenditure increases/decreases
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed; and
- Ad hoc financial analysis and perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or business and/or a combination of other education and experience; CPA, CA, CMA, or CGA designation;
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in accounting and finance;
- Strong experience using Great Plains, Business Central; FRx, Route Optix, Material Manager, RTA, and Jet Reports considered an asset;
- Advanced Excel / Power BI skills (Power Pivots, IF formulas, etc.);
- An innate problem-solver processing a high level of analytical skill and logical thinking;
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively without direct supervision and guidance;
- A thought leader and change motivator;
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to effectively interact with clients; and
- Previous experience working in/with a waste management/logistics organization and/or other similar fast-paced environment would be considered an asset.