Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- Competitive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer specifications
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain proper maintenance reports and/or work orders
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned
Emterra Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Must have Red Seal Mechanic License
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license, valid Class 3 license with Air Endorsement considered an asset
- Minimum 1 year of related experience in waste management or similar industry
- Demonstrated experience with hydraulic, electrical systems and CNG systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic proficiency with use of computers
- Experience with natural gas fleets considered an asset
- Previous work experience in working with online preventative maintenance programs considered an asset
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)