Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recyclables that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Emterra is opening a state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) centrally located in Lansing, Michigan, to deliver efficient, effective, safe, and value-added recycling services to communities and local businesses. The MRF will feature the latest in optical sorting technology, robotic sorters, and other technology. Our goal is clear — to help create circular economies and sustainable communities by diverting as much waste from landfills as possible.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining us and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
• Competitive wages
• Comprehensive health benefits
• Training and professional development opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair hydraulic, and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation;
• Ability to assemble, install, test, move and maintain production and conveyors machinery;
• Troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance for all production and mobile equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s recommendations;
• Read machine repair manuals and blueprints;
• Track inventory levels of critical replacement parts;
• Maintains accurate maintenance and repair records; and
• Perform work in safe manner.
• Minimum 3 years’ maintenance experience in a plant / manufacturing facility;
• Industrial Millwright trades certificate or equivalent an asset;
• Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
• Experience with conveyor systems, hydraulic systems, balers, PLCs, and VFDs;
• Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility an asset;
• Must be able to lift 60lbs;
• Must be able to work proactively and with minimal supervision;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
• Punctual, reliable, team player.