Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What you will do?
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee discount programs
- Paid vacation and time off
What will you bring?
- Understand customer contracts, prepare accurate and up-to-date customer invoices, including CPI adjustments;
- Conduct collection calls on past due accounts on a daily basis and follow-up on issues brought forth by the customer;
- Make credit recommendations based on references and past pay performance;
- Reconcile customer accounts and process new customer credit applications;
- Respond to inquiries from customers and internal operating locations;
- Analyze customer payments to properly apply payments to billings;
- Prepare payment discrepancy reports and follow-up to ensure resolution;
- Provide support to accounting department staff in the performance of various miscellaneous tasks including accounts payable and journal entry processing;
- Prepare monthly reporting of overdue accounts and other miscellaneous reporting requirements;
- Maintain complete customer files;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completion of high school GED equivalency; Post-secondary education in accounting is an asset;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a high volume AR and collections department;
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word & Great Plains, Route Optix or Trux would be considered an asset;
- A customer focused attitude and the ability to listen to customer needs;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail;
- An upbeat personality and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.