Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee discount programs
- Paid vacation and time off
- Matches purchase orders confirming prices and quantity to vendors invoices
- Verifies receipt of material/services and confirmation of receipt of material/services
- Confirms accuracy of employee reimbursement expenses before processing
- Enters invoices in the accounting system for payments ensuring correct approval, coding and matching
- Coordinates with vendors regarding invoicing , payment inquiries and discrepancies
- Responds to vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Processes cheque runs and sets up on-line payment batches for the accounting team
- Ensures compliance to Company policies and procedures
- Performs other related duties as required
- Completion of high school GED equivalency
- Minimum of 2-3 years prior accounts payable experience in a high volume environment
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Strong skills in using accounting software applications (Great Plains is an asset)
- A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills to function in a deadline driven environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team