Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recyclables that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion.
Emterra Environmental USA transforms waste into resources and is proud to serve communities across the State of Michigan. At Emterra, we sort all the recyclable materials we receive, to maximize recycling and minimize waste. Recyclable materials are sorted into valuable commodity types before they are shipped out for their transformation into new green products. We use leading-edge technology and processes to ensure the least residue, highest grade, and best value.
Emterra is opening a state-of-the-art Material Recovery Facility (MRF) centrally located in Lansing, Michigan, to deliver efficient, effective, safe, and value-added recycling services to communities and local businesses. The MRF will feature the latest in optical sorting technology, robotic sorters, and other technology. Our goal is clear — to help create circular economies and sustainable communities by diverting as much waste from landfills as possible.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining us and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Troubleshoot, maintain, repair, and oversee electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation;
- Negotiate quotations from and direct the work of vendors/suppliers
- Design, implement and monitor a preventative maintenance program for all plant and facility equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Create and maintain proper schedules and records for all maintenance activities;
- Manage inventory levels of critical replacement parts in a cost-effective and efficient manner; and
- Uphold a culture of safety by complying with and monitoring a safety management program to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ maintenance experience in a plant / manufacturing facility;
- Industrial Millwright trades certificate or equivalent required;
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Experience in a recycling, material recovery or material handling facility is an asset;
- Experience with conveyor systems, hydraulic systems, balers, PLCs, and VFDs;
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on plant projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Punctual, reliable, team player.