Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What will you do?
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development support;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
What will you bring?
- Ensure smooth operation of solid waste transfer station in accordance with the operating contract;
- Trouble shooting of heavy equipment (wheel and track loaders, excavators) and compactors;
- A hands on approach to fix equipment and minimize downtime;
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance tasks and goals are achieved to ensure safe and efficient operations;
- Review and evaluate work to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to policies and procedures;
- Assist in the implementation, maintenance, and monitoring of processes, procedures and programs to improve safety, productivity, and profitability of the transfer station;
- Support Supervisors to ensure that they are optimizing the efficiencies of their respective crews;
- Lead, conduct and/or attend safety meetings to maintain favourable working relationships among all employees and promote morale, productivity and efficiency; and
Emterra Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- HD Red Seal or second (2nd) year Heavy Duty Apprentice;
- Proficient in MS Office suite an asset;
- A mindset that promotes a positive work environment;
- Must be flexible to work outside the regular working schedule;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization; and
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry is an asset, but not necessary.