Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
*This is a temporary full time position with the potential to turn into a full time permanent role.
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and time off
- Career stability and advancement is well-within the reach of driven and motivated employees!
- Provide main reception duties;
- Communicate with our Municipal Contacts as per operations requirements
- Provide main dispatch with curbside drivers using 2 way radios;
- Daily data entry including scale slips, route data, fuel logs and bank deposits as required;
- Handling customer inquiries with courteous, professional phone skills;
- Work closely with the applicable staff to ensure routes are completed and paperwork from drivers are correct;
- Working as part of a small administrative team that supports the Cumberland and Nanaimo operations;
- Assist with entry of each purchase and sale ticket in the scale system; which includes scaling inbound and outbound materials and direct drivers to appropriate loading dock or offloading area;
- Ensure weights of outbound loads are correct and direct shipping staff to adjust as necessary;
- General office duties including mailing invoices, statements, filing and other duties as required.
Emterra Group is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset;
- Minimum 2 years previous experience working in a related office/administrative role;
- Previous experience in Accounts Receivable;
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel); excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry preferred;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!