We are currently searching for Full-Time Class 1 & 3 Drivers
to join our Vernon team. Drivers are responsible for ensuring their route is completed on schedule and that waste/recycling is collected, transported and disposed of in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Operation Manager.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What will you do?
- GUARANTEED 40 HOURS.
- Competitive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance).
- Local runs, home every night.
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support.
- $500 Driver referral program.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided.
What will you bring?
- Safe and efficient operation of a Class 1 and / or 3 motor vehicle (with air brakes);
- Conduct all activities according to the collection schedule;
- Perform commercial, curbside or multi-residential waste, recycling and organics collection in a manner that meets or exceeds contract requirements;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions; and
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Requires Class 1 and / or 3 with air brake endorsement;
- Must have clean driver’s abstract;
- Minimum 2 years working experience driving with required license preferred;
- The ability to work overtime on an “as-needed” basis, is required;
- Good command of the English language (both verbal and written); and
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry or similar industry – an asset.