Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- Competitive wage plus health benefits (Drug, Dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development support;
- Opportunity for job advancement to higher paying positions;
- Employee discount programs;
- Manage all commercial and residential collection routes and associated Drivers on a daily basis;
- Ensure that operations are running safely by performing Driver observations and monthly and weekly safety meetings;
- Resolve service and operational issues with maintenance department, customers and staff;
- Oversee day-to-day operations of multiple routes. Ensure the completion of all routes each day;
- Adjust daily operating plans to ensure completion of all routes when unexpected circumstances arise
- Review daily route sheets to ensure they are completed properly and create action plans to remedy any deficiencies;
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training and fitness for duty of all new employees according to the Company’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure Drivers complete their daily pre and post trip safety and maintenance checks.
- Ensure that repairs to trucks are implemented in a timely manner to eliminate or reduce down time;
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure service and repairs are completed in a timely manner;
- Plan and monitor employee progress throughout the day via radio communication until all routes are completed;
- Monitor and approve payroll hours for direct reports;
- Ensure proper training and assessment of new hires;
- Responsible for ensuring employees meet performance standards and recommends corrective action if/when necessary;
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures;
- Maintain Environmental Health and Safety programs including training, meetings and required reporting of relevant EH&S issues;
- Maintain adherence to company safety policies and MTO regulations.
- Completion of secondary school (or GED equivalent);
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred;
- Valid BC driver’s licence with clean abstract;
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License is considered an asset;
- Experience operating waste collection equipment is an asset;
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation;
- Experience and knowledge of truck maintenance and troubleshooting is an asset.