Director of Information Technology
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven leader to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier by the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Under the direction of the CFO, this new position of Director of Information Technology is responsible for modernizing our diverse and growing organization through the effective identification, planning and execution of multiple IT projects and the sound organization, operation and maintenance of existing IT services and systems. The Director of IT will play a critical role in helping the company grow, by ensuring that processes and technologies enable us to make better decisions faster for the benefit of our staff and our customers.
What You Will Achieve in This Role
- Define, design, and implement business intelligence, data solutions and associated products to drive business-level insights and increase user productivity, engagement, and satisfaction.
- Design and lead the creation of reports and dashboards that are effective for all-levels of management from operational to executive levels.
- Responsible for all network and systems security including standards and annual tests.
- Research, design, and implement the appropriate technologies to support and improve access to information, and end-user productivity.
- Oversee project management for IT-related undertakings, including clear capture of business requirements, provision of functional deliverables, milestone planning, and project post-mortems.
- Assist senior management with the direction and facilitation of IT strategic and tactical planning.
- Stay informed on new or emerging trends and technologies that provide clear benefits to the organization, business partners, and/or customers.
- Manage vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective total cost of ownership of technology purchases, oversee warranties and service agreements.
- Participate on all hardware and software evaluations and maintain vendor contracts.
- Ensure software, hardware and network installs, re-installs, upgrades, moves, changes, and relocations are completed when necessary and as required.
- Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, Web sites, and other applications.
- Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies and procedures.
- Provide training to end users on both hardware and applicable software.
- Manage a budget for technology, IT services, and personnel.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required.
- A minimum of 15 years if directly related work experience in IT and business project execution and minimum of 10 years of Management experience.
- Proven track record implementing new enterprise wide software solutions.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, Power BI & licensing requirements
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures as well Cloud based or software on demand solutions.
- Ability to enhancing service delivery and customer success, focusing on continuous improvement, efficiency, quality with measurable KPI’s.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to prioritize and adapt with changing priorities.
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms.
- Experience supporting remote site services in both Canada and the U.S.
- Experience with cyber security, data privacy, and related legal and regulatory issues and trends.
- Highly effective project management skills with sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong project management and prioritization skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and possess effective communication skills for interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive understanding of IT Security metrics, monitoring and incident response/management tools, techniques, and procedures as well as network architecture and client/server technologies.