Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- Competitive wage plus health benefits
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development support;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- Manage collection of recycling and waste and supervise a small team of Front-End Truck Drivers on daily basis;
- Ensure that operations are running safely by performing Driver observations and safety meetings;
- Ensure that Drivers complete daily safety and maintenance checks so that issues are addressed in a timely manner to eliminate or reduce down time;
- Resolve service and operational issues with third party maintenance shops and customers;
- Plan and monitor employee schedules and route scheduling;
- Perform training of new hires;
- Responsible for ensuring employees meet performance standards and recommends corrective action if/when necessary;
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report
- Track assets such as bins and totes;
- As required, occasionally drive recycling truck to support team; and
- Create and produce necessary reports on an as required basis.
- Completion of secondary school (or GED equivalent);
- Valid Class 3 driver’s license with air endorsement and clean abstract;
- Knowledge of utilizing GPS;
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal/written);
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred;
- Experience driving waste collection truck is an asset;
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation;
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.