Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Local runs, home every night
- Nights and weekends off
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Employee discount programs
- Free uniforms and boot allowance yearly
- $500 Driver referral program
- Operate waste collection vehicles (front-end) to collect garbage and recycling materials from commercial buildings;
- Ability to work independently and without assistance while maneuvering the truck in and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet;
- Clean loose trash off the truck and/or ground around the truck and containers that spill during the dumping process;
- Communicate with supervisors regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Observe safe work practices.
- Must have a valid Class 3 driver’s licence with a clean commercial drivers abstract;
- Front End or Roll off driving experience would be an asset;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry would be an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Physically fit, must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, dependable, able to work with minimal supervisor;
- Flexibility with work shifts and ability to work overtime;
- Punctual, reliable, team player;