Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- GUARANTEED 40 HOURS
- Competitive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- General housekeeping of property and yard
- Daily yard maintenance – sweeping, power washing, and other duties as assigned
- Building maintenance – painting, cleaning, dusting and removal of garbage
- Moving furniture and equipment
- Winter maintenance – shoveling, salting and sanding
- Follow PPE policy and procedure according to site specific
- Unload trailers and monitor for accuracy
- Pull product for secondary auditing
- Other duties as assigned by manager
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset
- Minimum 1 -2 year previous experience working in a related general labour role
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from manager
- Experience with hand/power tools
- Forklift experience and certification an asset, but not mandatory
- Accountable and responsible to proactively and effectively resolve issues in a timely manner
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!