Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Canadian Liquids Processors Limited is a proud division of Emterra Group and is the only distillation facility of its type in Canada that is licensed with the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation and Parks as well as Excise Canada. We are a 100% Canadian, privately controlled company operating out of Hamilton, Ontario. We have extensive experience in all aspects of product recycling, ethanol production and waste water treatment resulting in cost-effective and environmentally conscious recycling.
The Maintenance Supervisor will report directly to the General Manager to maximize daily production (up-time), and to ensure facility equipment is properly maintained. This is a “hands on” position and plays an integral role in plant and equipment operations and special projects.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Employee discount programs
- Paid vacation and time off
- Design, implement and monitor a preventative maintenance program for all plant and facility equipment consistent with manufacturer’s and supplier’s maintenance manuals;
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation and to minimize unprocessed inventory;
- Create and maintain proper records for all maintenance activities;
- Manage inventory levels of critical replacement parts in a cost-effective and efficient manner;
- Ensure that all Job Hazard Analyses are completed for plant maintenance tasks and are reviewed/updated as required;
- Observe safe work practices.
- Post secondary mechanical technology or equivalent;
- 4-5 years experience working as a ‘jack of all trades’ in a heavy industrial environment;
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers and compaction equipment;
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on maintenance projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.