Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employees to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- MONDAY-FRIDAY - GUARANTEED 40 HOURS – WEEKENDS OFF
- Competitive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Local runs, home every night
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- $500 driver referral Program.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided.
- Safe and efficient operation of vehicles with air brakes;
- Drive the assigned truck along designated commercial routes to mechanically collect solid waste and recycling and take it to the designated end destination, either transfer station or recycling facility as dispatched;
- Have the ability to work independently and without assistance while maneuvering truck into and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet.
- Cleans loose trash off truck and / or ground around truck and container that spills during the dumping process to maintain clean customer sites and safety along roads and highways. Visually scan customer site before and after dumping bin as well as ensuring each and every load on the truck is secure for transport.
- Drive and load recycling/ collection vehicle;
- Conduct daily inspection of vehicle and accurately complete related documentation;
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Class 3 driving license with air brakes endorsement with minimal of 1 year experience in commercial driving;
- Minimum 1 year working Roll-Off and Front End driving;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry an asset;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Clean drivers’ abstract;