Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe.Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Environmental is in partnership with Three (3)S Environmental
who is looking for Full Time Swampers
to join the North Vancouver Curbside Team.
This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow with the company, we will facilitate training for successful candidates not currently in possession of a valid Class 3 with Air Brake BC Driver’s Licence. The Company will reimburse tuition and cover the cost for your air brake ticket endorsement along with full route orientation and on-the-job training.
Are you energetic, motivated and safety-focused person? We are currently seeking Swampers to join our North Vancouver Operations
which includes; curbside recycling collection, recycle plant support and general yard labor. The core of the work will be dedicated to Curbside Collections Trucks. Swampers are responsible for assisting drivers to collect residential recycling and deposit it at a processing depot.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Collect curbside materials from residential homes
- Maintain a record of tagged bins
- Operate truck compaction controls
- Accompany driver to/from the route and the processing depots
- Perform other related duties
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Safety minded approach to the daily tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Clean attendance record
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills – written and verbal
What we Offer:
- Staying active throughout the day
- Working outdoors
Any applicants who apply for this position and are deemed successful will be hired to Three S Environmental Ltd..
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit right away
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week all year
- Working locally in North Vancouver area
- Tuition reimbursement for training including air brake endorsement & Class 3 license
- Personal Protective Equipment (high Visible vest and gloves) and a Boot allowance