Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a can-do attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- GUARANTEED 40 HOURS per week all year
- Competitive wage plus health benefits after probation (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)
- Working locally in Chilliwack area, home every night
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Earn up to $500 for driver referrals through our Employee Referral Program
- Personal Protective Equipment, safety Boot Allowance are provided
- Safe and efficient operation of a Class 3 vehicle with air brakes;
- Drive and safe collection of residential recycling boxes;
- Daily pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspection;
- Delivery of recycling to the recycle processing facility
- Effective Communication with Route Supervisor and customers;
- Providing a professional collection service and promoting a positive company image.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned from time to time;
- Class 1 or 3 licence with Air Endorsement and Driver’s abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Experience being a ‘roll off’, 'front end' or 'side load' is an asset;
- Although the regular work schedule is Monday to Friday, the ability to work overtime on an “as-needed” basis, is required;
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry with local cartage – an asset;
- Possesses reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions.