Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision care, LTD, life)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount programs
- Yearly boot allowance
- Inspect the machine at the start of your shift;
- Monitor the machine closely during production to detect any sign of a malfunction which may damage the machine, cause a fire, or produce product which does not meet specification;
- Keep the machine and the area surrounding it clean and organized at all times;
- Report any machine or product issues to the shift supervisor on an immediate basis and provide updates on production activities;
- Troubleshooting machine problems, carrying out/assisting in making repairs or adjustments as required;
- Observe safe work practices.
- An understanding of the operation of heavy machinery;
- 2-3 years experience in an industrial plant utilizing heavy equipment;
- Analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to stand for extended periods and to lift and carry 50 pound objects. Bending and twisting are frequently required;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from the shift supervisor;
- Good communication skills;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.