Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s greenest employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group:
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision care, LTD, life)
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee discount programs
- Yearly boot allowance
- Operate counter balance forklifts and skid steer equipment in an industrial setting;
- Observe safe work practices;
- Connect empty and disconnect loaded super sacks from the bag filling devices;
- Weigh filled bags, complete bag tracking tickets, place bags in product storage areas, and record bag data when loading trailers for shipment;
- Conduct daily safety inspections on equipment you are operating and submit to shift supervisor;
- Immediately report defects, damage, or safety concerns with the machine to your shift supervisor before using it;
- Carry out simple maintenance such as cleaning or refueling.
- Minimum 2 years experience operating forklifts in an industrial setting;
- Valid Ontario forklift licence and formal training;
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 50lbs, as well as bend and twist;
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals;
- Must be accountable and responsible in effectively resolving issues in a timely manner;
- Punctual, reliable, team player.