The Curbside Collections Truck Swamper is responsible for assisting with the operation of the garbage truck in a safe and appropriate manner. He/she must conduct all activities according to the delivery and collection schedule and all relevant policies and procedures.
The proper disposal of garbage is vital to the health and well-being of residents and the community as a whole.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Collect curbside materials from residential buildings, businesses and other facilities
- Maintain daily records of pick-ups
- Repetitive tasks including heavy lifting (55lbs/25 kgs)
- Perform duties in all-weather conditions (hot, cold, rain or snow)
- Pick up refuse in other areas as required
- Dispose of curbside collections according to set policies and procedures
- Perform other related duties
- Safety minded approach to the daily tasks
- Strong work ethic
- Clean attendance record
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Client service and public interaction skills – written and verbal
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Stress management skills
The Swamper has a physically strenuous and demanding job. He/she will be lifting (up to 55 lbs/25 kgs), pulling and managing heavy equipment and objects. The Swamper works in all weather, and must be prepared for both extreme heat and cold. As the Swamper is handling potentially dangerous materials he/she must ensure that all activities are completed in a safe and efficient way to eliminate the possibility of contamination and infection of themselves or others. The Swamper is constantly exposed to unpleasant sights and odours.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.