Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Who You Are
You have a positive attitude and take pride in delivering excellent customer service to our residential customers. You always bring your “A” game by being your best and by operating with integrity.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now!
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
What will you do?
- Attractive base salary along with Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- Tuition reimbursement and professional development support;
- Being part of a stable and growing sector in the Canadian economy;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
What will you bring?
- Work closely with the Western Regional Controller to manage and coordinate the overall financial administration of the department;
- ensure the timely preparation of month-end financial statements;
- Lead month end close for all divisions; maintain various schedules such as fixed assets, amortization schedules, books month end adjusting entries and assist in the reconciliations as required for audited financial statements;
- Provide support to management by ensuring the preparation of divisional financial statements including the income statement and general ledger analysis;
- Provide commentary on monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, by gaining a good understanding of individual operations across the western region;
- Organize and prioritize departmental assignments and manage timely completion of assignments;
- Initiates and implements process improvement and accounting control measures;
- Assume responsibility for the coordination and submission of annual budget preparation;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of related post secondary education and/or recognized accounting designation;
- 8-10 years of full cycle accounting experience in progressive career movement, in a multi-site, multi-lines of business organization;
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience;
- Excellent proficiency with productivity software, MS Office Suite, particularly Excel, Word, and Outlook;
- Strong skills in using accounting software applications such as Microsoft Great Plains and fleet management and maintenance management software would be an asset;
- Strong organizational and time management to function in a deadline driven environment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with staff at various levels of the organization;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry strongly preferred.