Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe.Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Environmental is in partnership with Three S Environmental
who is looking for Full-Time Class 5 Driver (with air brakes endorsement)
to join the North Vancouver Curbside Team.
Drivers are responsible for ensuring their route is completed on schedule and that waste/recycling is collected, transported and disposed of in the prescribed manner. This position reports to the Route Supervisor.
A key component of this role entails the collection of recycling from residential routes in North Vancouver. Performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection. Hand in all paperwork and receipts daily. Collection needs to be completed safely. Drivers must deal professionally with the public while conducting their route. Overtime is possible in this role.
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week all year.
- A 4-day work week or
- A 5-day work week
- Working locally in North Vancouver. You will be home every night!
- A driving role with physical elements to keep you active!
- Earn up to $500 for driver referrals through the Employee Referral Program.
- Health benefits after probation including vision, prescription drugs and dental.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided after successfully completing your probation
- Brand new trucks with packers
- Safe operations of a Class 5 vehicle with an air brake endorsement;
- Safe collection of residential recycle blue boxes;
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Delivery of recycling materials to the recycle processing facility
- Effective communication with the Route Supervisor, Manager and Customers
- Providing a professional collection service and promoting a positive company image
- Tag missorted materials with the appropriate stickers at the residence
- Communicate with supervisor regarding concerns or suggestions;
Any applicants who apply for this position and are deemed successful will be hired to Three S Environmental Ltd..
- Class 5 license with Air Endorsement and an abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers;
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; and
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions
- Where needed assist other drivers