This position works in conjunction with the Operations Team to support activities to maximize daily production (up-time), minimize unprocessed inventory and ensure that plant, forklifts, office and facility equipment is properly maintained through regular preventative maintenance. This position plays an integral role in plant and equipment operations and special projects.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems to ensure their efficient and safe operation;
- Proactively monitor equipment performance and document and fix potential problems;
- Conduct predictive and preventative maintenance on all equipment;
- All other duties as assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Grade 12 diploma, post secondary mechanical technology or equivalent;
- 4-5 years experience working as a ‘jack of all trades’ in a heavy industrial environment;
- Ability to do basic fabrication including welding and cutting;
- Previous work experience with conveyor systems, balers and compaction equipment;
- Must be able to work proactively and take initiative on maintenance projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Competitive wage and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.