Job Types: Full-time
Job Class: Permanent
Salary: $20 - $22 depending on the experience
Start date: ASAP
Location: Victoria, Downtown, BC
Reporting to the Route Supervisor, the Driver performs daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection and performs minor maintenance tasks on commercial vehicles when necessary. A key component of this role entails the collection of segregated recycling from residential routes in greater Victoria. Collection need to be completed safely and as directed by dispatch. Additionally, customer service is imperative in this role. Emterra Environmental takes pride in ensuring we deliver exceptional customer service at all times. Overtime is possible in this role.
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week all year.
- Working locally in the greater Victoria area. You will be home every night!
- A driving role with physical elements to keep you active!
- Earn up to $500 for driver referrals through our Employee Referral Program.
- Tuition reimbursement for upgrading your license class (ex to Class 1 or 3) after the probationary period and upon obtaining your Class 3 license.
- Health benefits after probation including vision, prescription drugs and dental.
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance.
- Safe operations of a Class 5 vehicle with air brakes up to 5 tonnes GVW;
- Safe collection of residential recycle blue boxes;
- Daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Delivery of recycling to the recycle processing facility
- Effective communication with the Route Supervisor and customers; and,
- Providing a professional collection service and promoting a positive company image.
- Do you have a proven track record of safe driving practices?
About Emterra Environmental
- Class 5 license with Air Endorsement and an abstract acceptable to the Employer;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers and co-workers;
- Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs; and
- Possess reasoning skills to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way - as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste - we turn waste into resources.