We are currently searching for a Commercial Front Loader/Roll-Off driver to assist with garbage and recycling pick-up in the Niagara Region.
- Operate waste collection vehicles (front-end or roll-off) to collect garbage and recycling materials from commercial buildings.
- Ability to work independently and without assistance while maneuvering the truck in and out of minimum clearance spaces, using mirrors and truck cameras to back distances up to 120 feet.
- Clean loose trash off the truck and/or ground around the truck and containers that spill during the dumping process.
- Communicate with supervisors regarding concerns or suggestions.
- Valid AZ or DZ driver’s licence with a minimum of one year experience in commercial driving.
- Minimum one year working roll off and/or front end driving.
- Prepared to work minimum 9.5 hours per day (Must be available for overtime work as required).
- Experience in the waste and recycling industry and asset.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Physically fit, must be able to lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis, dependable, able to work with minimal supervisor.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: 905-336-9084; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.