The Accounts Receivable Clerk will be responsible for billing, collecting on outstanding accounts, coordinating with internal staff to resolve collection issues, posting deposits and adjustments, credit checks, and other accounting tasks as required.
What you will do?
What will you bring?
- Understand customer contracts, prepare accurate and up-to-date customer invoices, including CPI adjustments;
- Conduct collection calls on past due accounts on a daily basis and follow-up on issues brought forth by the customer;
- Make credit recommendations based on references and past pay performance;
- Reconcile customer accounts and process new customer credit applications;
- Respond to inquiries from customers and internal operating locations;
- Analyze customer payments to properly apply payments to billings;
- Prepare payment discrepancy reports and follow-up to ensure resolution;
- Provide support to accounting department staff in the performance of various miscellaneous tasks including accounts payable and journal entry processing;
- Prepare monthly reporting of overdue accounts and other miscellaneous reporting requirements;
- Maintain complete customer files;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What do we have to offer you?
- Completion of high school GED equivalency; Post-secondary education in accounting is an asset;
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a high volume AR and collections department;
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word & Great Plains, Route Optix or Trux would be considered an asset;
- A customer focused attitude and the ability to listen to customer needs;
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills with attention to detail;
- An upbeat personality and excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A Total Rewards Program which includes but is not limited to a competitive base salary and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your personal professional success;
- Training and Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Assistance Program to act as a foundation for your Career Development Plan within Emterra Group;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and make a difference!
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to email@example.com; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.