|Sorters/Labourers work as quality control line workers by hard sorting recyclable materials and trash from the recycling stream. Sorters are responsible to ensure unacceptable materials are removed from recycling. Sorters/Labourers may be exposed to unpleasant odors and sights and work in all-weather elements.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all Company policies;
- Ensure PPE equipment is utilized;
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas;
- Pull contaminants from sorting line;
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping;
- Report system problems immediately to Supervisor;
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area;
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 or GED;
- Must have effective interpersonal skills to be able to communicate, understand and respond to questions, instructions, signs, signals and safety training;
- Must be able to perform repetitive / physical tasks for extended periods of time and lift items of up to 25lb
- Must be able to work shifts as required;
- Must be able to work overtime as required;
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions;
- Exposure to dust, noise, heat, cold and fumes found in a shop environment;
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and recycling;
- Exposure to equipment traffic;
Interested applicants may apply direct by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.