We are currently searching for a Human Resources Generalist to join our Team in the Burlington head office. This positions reports to the Corporate Director of Human Resources and provides support to the Emterra Group of companies. The HR Generalist will also be responsible for performing a wide range of projects to support divisional managers and executives, specifically in areas of recruitment and day-to-day functional HR support.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Provide recruitment and selection support to designated client groups by working with hiring managers to
- Define job specifications;
- Determine recruiting method(s);
- Gather and screen applicant resumes;
- Conduct pre-screening interviews;
- Coordinate hiring manager interviews, and
- Ensure the integrity of the recruitment process;
- Participate in the development, communication, and implementation of HR policies and procedures;
- Participate in the development of departmental goals and objectives;
- Advise and assist departmental managers on the interpretation and administration of HR policies, programs and best practices, and Collective Bargaining Agreements where applicable;
- Conduct research, data analysis, benchmarking, and prepare reports specific to HR processes;
- Consult on issues related to employee relations, performance management, and other strategic initiatives;
- Prepare HR-related documentation, including offer letters, orientation programs, etc.;
- Create and provide training on HR policies and new-hire orientation;
- Assist in investigations;
- Facilitate formal communication and consultation processes with staff ensuring appropriate involvement of all stakeholders; and
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
What do we offer?
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in relevant field;
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Human Resources or related capacity;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word; intermediate Excel and PowerPoint);
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Ability to travel within local ON facilities (approximately 25%);
- Experience in a unionized environment considered an asset; and
- Experience working in a waste management, transportation or manufacturing environment considered an asset.
- Competitive salary;
- Comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- Ongoing support and resources to ensure your professional success and growth;
- Participation in various career development programs including Tuition Assistance Program and training opportunities; and
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and make a difference!
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with legislation and Human Rights in all provinces. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone 905-336-9084, Extension 1103 or by mail to 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON L7M 1K4.