Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Our Niagara location is currently searching for a Maintenance Service Technician to be responsible for diagnosing and performing repairs on all facility vehicles in a safe and timely manner. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
What You Will Do:
What will you bring?
- Working mobile to different sites to perform diagnostic checks, preventative maintenance & repair on waste collection trucks
- Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Complete work orders including parts billing and job completion
- Perform all tasks necessary for repair and maintenance of equipment
- Work with on-site maintenance staff to understand requests and repair’s requirements and provide recommendations to maximize value & lower cost of operation
- Ensure work orders / paperwork is filled out properly
- Operate a variety of hand, power, and shop tools
- Perform equipment inspections
What do we have to offer you?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in all aspects of truck repair and maintenance
- 310J or 310T Licence
- Knowledge of Heavy Truck principles and behaviors
- Ability to read manuals and directive text
- Experience operating hand and air tools
- Ability to work in all weather extremes both inside and outside
- Knowledge of transportation industry and regulations
- Experience with welding, is an asset.
- Strong understanding of industrial Hydraulic, Electrical & Pneumatic systems
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Good written and communication skills and
- Problem solving and decision making skills
- Customer service skills
- Clean drivers abstract, valid G class driver’s license
- A comprehensive Group Insurance Plan
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change