Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra Group is looking for a Payroll & Benefits Coordinator to join our head office in Burlington, Ontario. The successful candidate will administer payroll and benefits for 400+ employees and ensure payroll is processed in a timely, accurate manner and in accordance with Company and government policies. This position requires a highly organized person who has the ability to meet deadline in fast paced, multi-location environment and possesses strong analytical skills.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Verify and process Bi-weekly payroll for 400+ salary and hourly employees in the Eastern Region through ADP;
- Provide Benefits Administration support for all Ontario employees;
- Maintain all employee files and log of onsite boxed historical payroll and employee files;
- Act as the Time and Attendance System Coordinator for Ontario (Shift rules, departments, etc);
- Maintain Payroll database on a timely basis, from employee set up, changes and termination;
- Working in partnership with IT Manager and Western Region in regards to coordination of Payroll or Timekeeping System upgrades, maintenance, and changes;
- Liaison between Branch locations and Management regarding Payroll, Time & Attendance systems and Benefits;
- Maintain Ontario Management Team Timezone records and provide weekly report;
- Maintain Benefit database for Eastern Region. Additions, Terminations, and LTD;
- Investigate and resolve any Payroll or Benefit issue with the office manager/administrators of other locations;
- Ensure the timely processing of journal entries, and accruals into Accounting System;
- Preparation of all account reconciliations on payroll accounts;
- Preparation and submission of payroll deductions and remittances, garnishes and Family Support;
- Submit monthly WSIB premiums online and create payment request for approval;
- Preparation and coordination of T4’s, T2200, ROE’s, yearend adjustments;
- Reconcile WSIB, EHT and payroll deductions for annual reporting;
- Responsible for Purchase Orders for supplies related to payroll or the timekeeping system;
- Create and/or run Reports from payroll or time and attendance system as required by Management for Eastern Region, and CEO;
- Drafting and coordination of payroll policies, forms and procedures for locations in multiple provinces;
- Other duties and analysis as required;
What do we have to offer you?
- Minimum three years' payroll experience in multi-location environment;
- Canadian Payroll Association certification, or in progress;
- Experience in ADP and time management system is required;
- Experience in other large third party Payroll software will be considered in place of ADP;
- Reasonable accounting knowledge sufficient to perform journal entries and payroll account reconciliations. Experience with Great Plains an asset;
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills in working effectively with various levels of staff, customers, and vendors;
- A Team Player, willing to learn and advance skills;
- Detail oriented and adherence to strict deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills and must be able to multi task.
- Base salary along with Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;