Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra is currently searching for a Route Supervisor
. The Route Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the health & safety, productivity, and efficiency of our drivers within the collection routes every day. This position reports to the District Operations Manager.
What will you do?
- Manage all commercial and residential collection routes and associated Drivers on a daily basis;
- Ensure that operations are running safely by performing Driver observations and monthly and weekly safety meetings;
- Resolve service and operational issues with maintenance department, customers and staff;
- Oversee day-to-day operations of multiple routes. Ensure the completion of all routes each day;
- Adjust daily operating plans to ensure completion of all routes when unexpected circumstances arise
- Review daily route sheets to ensure they are completed properly and create action plans to remedy any deficiencies;
- Oversee the recruitment, hiring, training and fitness for duty of all new employees according to the Company’s policies and procedures;
- Ensure Drivers complete their daily pre and post trip safety and maintenance checks.
- Ensure that repairs to trucks are implemented in a timely manner to eliminate or reduce down time;
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure service and repairs are completed in a timely manner;
- Plan and monitor employee progress throughout the day via radio communication until all routes are completed;
- Monitor and approve payroll hours for direct reports;
- Ensure proper training and assessment of new hires;
- Responsible for ensuring employees meet performance standards and recommends corrective action if/when necessary;
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures;
- Maintain Environmental Health and Safety programs including training, meetings and required reporting of relevant EH&S issues;
- Maintain adherence to company safety policies and MTO regulations.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.
What will you bring?
What do we offer?
- Completion of secondary school (or GED equivalent);
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred;
- Valid BC driver’s licence with clean abstract;
- Valid Class 3 Drivers License is considered an asset;
- Experience operating waste collection equipment is an asset;
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation;
- Experience and knowledge of truck maintenance and troubleshooting is an asset.
- Competitive base salary and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.