Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are an experienced, energetic and customer-focused administrative professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! This individual shares our passion for this industry and strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Greet all incoming truck drivers at the scale house;
- Open and close each disposal ticket in the scale system;
- Scale inbound and outbound materials and direct drivers to appropriate loading dock or offloading area;
- Ensure trucks are loaded to legal road weights in Canada and the USA and weights are optimized;
- Ensure weights of outbound loads are correct and direct shipping staff to adjust as necessary;
- Prepare operational reports for management and customers;
- Handling customer inquiries with courteous, professional phone skills;
- Dispatching missed calls to collections crews;
- Data entry for accounting processes;
- Other duties as assigned
What do we have to offer you?
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency; job related post-secondary education considered an asset;
- Proficiency in using MS Office (Word, Excel);
- Excellent keyboarding skills;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry an asset;
- A friendly personality combined with a “roll-up your sleeves and get it done attitude”!
- Competitive wage rate and Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.