Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are an experienced, energetic and reliable professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Operate the forklift and baler in a safe and careful manner at all times;
- Load and unload outbound and inbound shipments;
- Conduct daily safety inspections on the forklift(s);
- Immediately report defects, damage, or safety concerns with the machine to your shift supervisor before using it;
- Immediately report accident damage, or other safety concerns that stem from an accident or you have otherwise observed in the plant or environs to the shift supervisor;
- Carry out simple maintenance such as cleaning or refueling;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience operating a forklift/baler in an industrial setting;
- Must have formal training and a forklift license;
- Must be willing to work both indoors and outdoors in sometimes extreme conditions;
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs and be able to bend and twist;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to multi-task and shift priorities as necessary;
- Ability to speak, read and write in English;
What do we have to offer you?
- Competitive wage rate and Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
As per company policy, this position is designated as Safety Sensitive.