Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
If you are a skilled, energetic and reliable professional, interested in joining a dynamic family-owned entrepreneurial organization where you can make a difference, then look no further! We are looking for an individual who shares our passion for this industry and who strives for excellence as our business continues to grow.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance, inspections, and related repairs on truck bodies and attachments;
- Perform general vehicle repairs on electrical and/or pneumatic systems;
- Perform periodic lubrication of bodies and attachments;
- Use of tools & equipment as it relates to the job– hydraulic hoists, jacks, hand tools;
- Assist with shop inventory – inventory, order as requested, organization;
- Complete all maintenance reports, work orders and other daily administration as required;
- Perform nightly tire inspections to ensure daily operational safety of tires;
- Maintain a clean & organized shop/equipment work area;
- Follow PPE policy and procedure according to site specific;
- Attend company-sponsored training, as required;
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
What do we have to offer you?
- Own tools (minimum start-up tool set);
- Hydraulics and welding experience is an asset;
- Experience with heavy equipment, small engines or related field experience;
- Experience operating hand and air tools effectively;
- Ability to stand/lift 60lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly/heights will be required;
- Valid G license is required & clean drivers abstract;
- Safety conscious work habits;
- Ability to work well with little supervision and take direction from manager;
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal);
- Must be able to work days or afternoons;
- Accountable, dependable and strong integrity.
- Wage rate: $1200 to $1500 per week
- 100% covered Group Insurance Plan for medical and dental;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change;
- Uniforms provided plus annual boot allowance;
- Safe, cooperative work environment.