Mobile Equipment Operators are cross-trained and safely operate multiple pieces of heavy duty equipment at the recycle facility. Mobile equipment to be used includes, lift trucks, skid-steers, compactors, etc. These duties are performed on a daily basis in a noisy environment in all types of weather conditions. The recycle facility is located in Cumberland and is open 363 days per year. Applicants must be willing and able to work shifts which may include day, afternoon, and/or weekend shifts.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Successfully operate heavy duty equipment to move and load solid waste into equipment and load recyclable materials into trailers or roll-off containers;
- Check and ensure that equipment is serviced and in good working condition;
- Perform daily safety inspections and observe proper safety practices and regulations when operating or working around equipment;
- Screen solid waste materials received at the recycle station and removes unauthorized materials in accordance with the site’s operational procedures;
- Assist with directing traffic and guiding customer vehicles into position for proper unloading of waste;
- Assist with manual work related to recycle facility operations, including cleaning waste loading and unloading areas in accordance with site’s operational procedures;
- Ensure equipment is in a clean and tidy condition at end of shift;
- Recordkeeping as required (inspections, pre/post-trip maintenance activities, etc);
- Answer questions and assist customers and the general public, as needed.
- Grade 12 or GED equivalency;
- Previous experience working in a transfer station considered an asset;
- Previous experience operating wheel loaders, lift trucks and compactors a definite asset;
- Current valid Class 5 BC Drivers licence is a requirement;
- OFA and WHMIS knowledge is preferred;
- Forklift certification and TDG Certification is preferred.
This position is deemed Safety Sensitive as per Company policy.
No agencies. No phone calls please. Emterra thanks all applicants for their interest however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.