Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Emterra is currently searching for a Route Supervisor. The Route Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring the health & safety, productivity, and efficiency of our drivers within the collection routes. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Manage all commercial, residential, recycle and roll off routes and Drivers and Dispatchers on daily basis;
- Ensure that operations are running safely by performing Driver observations and monthly safety meetings;
- Resolve service and operational issues with maintenance department, customers and staff;
- Oversee day-to-day operations of multiple routes;
- Review daily route sheets for P& L statistical information;
- Perform operational audits of collections routes and observation routes;
- Ensure that Drivers required to operate company vehicles or equipment are completing daily safety and maintenance checks so that issues are addressed in a timely manner to eliminate or reduce down time;
- Coordinate with stakeholders to ensure deliveries, exchanges and repairs are completed in a timely manner;
- Plan and monitors employee schedules and route scheduling including regular communication throughout the day until all routes are completed;
- Monitor and approve payroll hours for direct reports;
- Perform training of new hires;
- Responsible for ensuring employees meet performance standards and recommends corrective action if/when necessary;
- Conduct accident investigations including scene management, first accident report and final analysis with root cause and preventative measures;
- Maintain Environmental Health and Safety programs including training, meetings and required reporting of relevant EH&S issues;
- Maintain adherence to company safety policies and MTO regulations.
What do we offer?
- Completion of secondary school (or GED equivalent);
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred;
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence with clean abstract;
- Valid DZ/AZ consider an asset;
- Experience operating waste collection equipment is an asset;
- Individual should demonstrate initiative and self-motivation;
- Should be familiar with route balancing and sequencing techniques.
- Competitive base salary and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- As part of a small team, ongoing support and resources to ensure your success in this role;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
Emterra Group is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).
Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources in any of the following ways: 905-336-9084; or by mail at 1122 Pioneer Road, Burlington, ON, L7M 1K4.