The Site Grounds Worker performs general labour duties to ensure the site, facility and equipment are in good working condition. The transfer stations are open 363 days per year. Applicants must be willing and able to work day shift typically Monday through Friday. We have an opening at our Coquitlam location. This facility is vital to the tri cities community as it provides recycling and waste handling services.
What will you do?
- Perform general ‘handyman’ site maintenance duties around the site (including the grounds, landscape and buildings);
- Assist with work related to transfer station operations, including cleaning waste loading and unloading areas in accordance with site’s operational procedures;
- Performing daily site inspections and ensure that all substandard areas are addressed (either performing the work personally or providing instruction to vendors);
- Provide on-site litter control in order to maintain a clean and welcoming environment;
- Must be proficient in the use of various hand tools and machinery to perform work;
- Ensure equipment is in a clean and tidy condition to maximize the effectiveness and lifespan of equipment;
- Work with a great team;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
What will you bring?
- Ability to effectively work in a multi-cultural environment;
- A willingness to work in all weather conditions;
- An ability to lift up to 50 lbs;
- An ability to stand for long periods of time;
- A desire and comfort in working within a transfer station environment.
- The ability to work with little supervision and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Forklift experience an asset.
- Organizational skills with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.36 /hour