Who We Are
We are a dynamic, growth-oriented and safety-focused company. Our organization has been deemed to be an “essential service” by providing collection and processing for Waste and Recycling that keep our communities clean and safe. With customer service and safety as our focus, we are looking for an energetic and driven employee to support our growing company and play a crucial role in waste diversion. Emterra is proud to be recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers, a certified diverse supplier of the Canadian Aboriginal and Minority Supplier Council (CAMSC), the Canadian Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBE) and WEConnect International.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group:
With an eye to continued growth and steady employment, here are some of the reasons to work for Emterra Group.
- A FOUR DAY WORK WEEK – FOUR DAYS OFF
- Competitive wage plus health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance
- Opportunity for job advancement to higher paying positions
- Personal Protective Equipment, Safety Boot Allowance are provided.
- Paid training and development on equipment
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support
- Employee discount Programs
- Operate equipment (such as a skid steer, forklift or compactor) in a safe manner with adherence to customer and employee safety;
- Provide on-site litter control in order to maintain a clean and welcoming environment;
- Assisting customers in the Residential Recycling Drop Off area and guiding them on what can and cannot be recycled;
- Traffic Control, and
- Observe safe work practices.
- No experience necessary;
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to multi-task;
- A desire and comfort in working outside within a transfer station/recycling depot environment;
- Able to successfully pass a background check consisting of a medical/Drug test and Criminal history search; and
- Punctual, reliable, Team player.