Emterra Tire Recycling Ltd., located in Brampton, Ontario has a full-time permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and has suitable training or certification to operate power tools, shop equipment, welding and cutting equipment and standard hand tools. Major responsibilities include regular preventative maintenance on plant processing equipment and other facility equipment in addition to special projects.
What will you do?
What will you bring?
- Perform preventative maintenance, repair and fabrication work as assigned by the Maintenance Manager;
- Participate in special projects as assigned by the Maintenance Manager;
- Work safely and in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, its Regulations and all other applicable legislation;
- Hours of work will include weekends and weekdays from 4:00 am to 12:30 pm as well as emergency on call.
What do we have to offer you?
- At least two years’ previous experience in a Maintenance or Millwright capacity;
- Excellent welding and fabrication skills;
- Technical expertise with hydraulics, pumps, motors, conveyors, shaft alignment, pulleys, belts and bearings and the ability to troubleshoot/diagnose failures of same;
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Competitive hourly rate and a comprehensive Group Insurance Plan;
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth;
- Part of a small team where your contribution is recognized;
- Training & Development opportunities supplemented with a Tuition Reimbursement Program;
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.